What We Believe
- We believe in the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, in their original writing, as fully inspired of God, and accept them as the supreme and final authority for faith and life (2 Tim.3:16; Rev.22:18,19).
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Mt. 3:16, 17; 2Cor. 13:14; Mt. 28:19,20).
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of Virgin Mary, and is true God and true Man (Lk.1:26-38; Jhn.1:1,18,14; 3:16).
- We believe that God created man in His own image; that man sinned and thereby incurred the penalty of sin, which is physical and spiritual death; that all human beings inherit a sinful nature which issued (in the case of those who reach moral responsibility) in actual transgression involving personal guilt (Rm. 5:12; Rm.3:10-18, 23; Ps.58:3).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died on the Cross for our sins as a substitutionary sacrifice according to the Scriptures and that all who believe in Him are justified only on the grounds of His shed blood (Jhn.3:14-18; Rm.10:9-11; Eph. 2:8-10; Rm. 3:20-24; Rm. 4&5).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, His ascension into heaven, and His present life as our High Priest and Advocate (Acts. 1:1-11; 1Cor.15:1-17; Heb. 7:24-28).
- We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts.1:9-11; 1Thess. 4:15-17; 2Thess. 1:7-10; Jude14-15).
- We believe that all who repent of their sin and receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God (Mk.1:15; Is. 55:7; Acts. 3:19; 20:21; Acts. 19:18,19).
- We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit accompanied with speaking in tongues. This experience is subsequent to the new birth, empowering and equipping believers for service, with the accompanying supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit. We believe in the divinely ordained ministries of the Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher (Mt. 3:11; Jn. 14:16-17; Acts.1:8; Acts. 2:38-39; Acts. 19:1-7; Acts. 2:4; 1Cor.12 & 14; Eph. 4:11-12).
- We believe in the doctrine of sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing with the new birth and continuing until the consummation of salvation (Heb.12:14; 1Thess. 5:23; 2Peter3:18; 11Cor.3:18; Phil. 3:12-14; 1Cor. 1:30; Rm. 6, 7and 8).
- We believe in restitution; the amending of the wrongs against our fellow men as much as can be righted. This will help us have a good conscience void of offence towards God and man (Lk.19:8,9; Prov.6:31; Ex.22:3; Acts.23:1-5).
- We believe in the principle of being in authority because you are under authority. As such, it is understood that the New Testament Christian Mission membership shall be subject to submission to God ordained, appointed and approved authority in matters pertaining to church, governance, doctrine and personal behavior (Mt.8:5-13; Heb.13:7,16; Rm.13:1-7).
- We believe in Heaven and hell. The one who physically dies as a believer goes to be with Christ in heaven in the spirit. The one who physically dies in his sins without Christ is hopelessly and eternally lost in hell fire and has no further opportunity of hearing the gospel or repentance (Lk.16:19-31; Mt.5:22, 29, 30; 25:46; Rev.21:8).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the redeemed, and the eternal banishment of those who have rejected the offer of salvation through Jesus Christ (Dan.12:2,3; Jn.5:28,29; Rev.20:11-15).
- We believe that the one true church is the whole company of those who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit; that the local church on earth should take its character from this concept of the church spiritual and therefore that the new birth and personal confession of Christ are essentials of church membership (Mt.16:13-19; Rm.10:8-10).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ appointed two ordinances; Baptism in water and the Lord’s Supper, to be observed regularly as acts of obedience and as perpetual witnesses to the cardinal facts of the Christian faith. That Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water as a confession of identification with Christ in burial and resurrection, and that the Lord’s supper is the partaking of the emblems symbolic of the Saviour’s broken body and shed blood, in remembrance of His sacrificial death, until He comes (Mt. 28:19; Rm. 6:4; Acts 2:38; 8:16; 10:48; 19:5/Lk. 22:19,20; 1Cor. 11:23-26).
- We believe that divine healing was provided for in the Old and New Testament, and is an integral part of the Gospel of Christ (Is. 53:4-5; Mt. 8:16, 17; 1Peter. 2:24; Mt. 16:15-18; Jam. 5:14-15).
- We believe in obeying the statement made by Jesus found in Matthew 28 verses 19-20, which is “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations…“.
- The church is open to any further truth which the Holy Spirit may illuminate from the scriptures.
Our purpose has been set forth in fourfold directives:
- To tell the good news of the grace of God to the world.
- To teach Christ to every man in all wisdom in order to present them perfect in Christ.
- To train and equip strong leaders in every area of the Body of Christ to impact the world.
- To plant Christ centered churches in urban centers and raise disciples to infiltrate their society with the life of Christ, the greatest antidote to the prevailing corruption and perverseness in the world. Some human, financial and material resources raised in these centers are utilized to penetrate the country side as well as cross cultures with the gospel of Christ by planting gospel churches.This we believe is the best strategy under heaven for holistic rescue of lost souls into the kingdom of God.
We have been about this mission for several years and by His grace have steadily grown and established branch churches in cities, towns and villages in Nigeria and foreign countries.
All creation will be able to separate us that is in Jesus Christ our Lord.